Pages

Monday, July 31, 2017

Good-bye July

School has already started back here for some local cities and counties, and by next week I think all but one local school district will be back in session. The past few days have been absolutely gorgeous, with low humidity and temperatures, so it was a great weekend for the back to school crowd to get out and enjoy beautiful East Tennessee! It’s hard to believe we are having such great weather at the end of July.

Not a lot has been happening around here in the sewing room, as you can see by the lack of posting here at The Pieceful Kingdom. I have been working on the same Gypsy Wife quilt and the crochet sunflower afghan, so nothing too exciting to post. 

Yesterday was a guild Sit & Sew for Ronald McDonald House quilts. We are busy putting together some Bingo card blocks for tomorrow night’s guild meeting, and we are putting the Bingo blocks into quilt tops at our Quilter’s Roadshow in the fall. I made my own Bingo card for the guild meeting tomorrow night…



My job today is to get more 2-1/2” squares together to hand out tomorrow for other guild members to take home and sew into rows.  We still have a few months until we need completed blocks, plus we will have two more Sit & Sew meetings, so we should have lots of blocks to make into quilt tops.

This week I will probably continue quilting the Gypsy Wife. It is just slow going, but I’m plugging along and it will get done. Tomorrow is Tuesday Bee for our guild, so I will work on crochet there. The only other things I might work on this week are making more Kittens for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, once the August color announcement is made.

That’s about it. Quiet, but quiet is good in my book! I hope you have had a great July and are looking forward to August. The best thing about August is that autumn is just around the corner!


Have a wonderful week, and check out Love Laugh Quilt for Monday Making. There are some great projects posted there, so take a look!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, back in school already? It just seems way too early. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete