Pages

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

August Goals

A new month…time to make some plans for the sewing room.

For my One Monthly Goal for August, I want to finish up my neutral Gypsy Wife. That means I need to finish the quilting, get the binding attached and hand stitched down, hanging sleeves attached, and hang it on the wall. I have decided to only do “in the ditch” quilting on this. I think any additional quilting will detract from the fabric motifs that were fussy cut for some of the blocks. I also think it will look great just with the ditch quilting. I don’t have a lot of quilting left, but it will probably still take me two or three weeks to complete it. Here is just the top…



I will also continue working on some of my Finish-A-Long projects: Merrily, the Wonky Halloween 9-Patch, and maybe even begin quilting the Vintage Skate. Lots to do, so I better get to it.


I hope you all have lots of fun in August, and stop by Elm Street Quilts for the One Monthly Goal August Goal Setting Party.

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the black highlights you added in the quilt. Good luck with your goal for August.

    ReplyDelete